The full Summit schedule and conference program is posted!
Follow along with #SES2018, and if you can’t stand missing it, get in your car and start driving…we’ll see you in St. Pete this Sunday!
Wait…what happened to IPSEC?
The International Public Science Events Conference is now known as the Science Events Summit.
The 2018 Science Events Summit will be taking place in St. Petersburg, Florida, with an evening event on Sunday, June 3rd, and conference sessions on June 4th and 5th. Science festivals will be well represented at the meeting, but we’ll also see more from other event formats than ever before.
Still reminiscing about IPSEC 2017? Materials for that conference can be found here.
The top ten reasons to show up at the Science Events Summit
10. Inspiring sessions on using science events as: bridges in divided communities, cornerstones of strategic campaigns, and real-time science communication proving grounds.
9. Dinner’s waiting at one of the highest rated restaurants in the Tampa Bay region. Housemade nitrogen bon bons anyone?
8. Registration includes ring-side seats for the Great Summit Debate.
7. Nerd Nite bosses are flocking on Summit Sunday (6/3), and treating us all to a delightful menu of nerdery that evening.
6. The historic, boutique conference hotel has flowing cloth cabanas ringing the central pool and waterfall.
5. St. Pete is the sunniest city we could find, boasting an average 361 days of sunshine.
4. A 3-day, 2-night Summit experience can be had for less than $500 (including registration, meals, and lodging, but not travel costs).
2. Over 3-dozen exhibitors are expected for the Science Events Expo: there’s no better way to quickly meet science event producers from across North America.
1. You’ve always known there was something special about being there live and in-person.